Research and resources
The failure of change management programmes
- Why? The problem of imposing smarter work practices on teams: Push vs Pull in Agile Adoptions
- Links to research: 50-70% of change management programmes fail or degrade
- A cautionary note on how we quantitatively measure success and failure: Is the 70% Failure Rate a Myth?
- “Too many change efforts start with all the managers getting together behind closed doors and deciding what should be done. They never think of telling their people what is going to happen and why, let alone canvassing their opinions, ideas or suggestions because they are the people closest to the front line and who just might be able to see what ultimate impact the change could have on the customer.”
Ken Blanchard, ‘Mastering the art of change’ [Training Journal, January 2010]
Blanchard lists 6 stages of concern which are often not met:
* Need for information, not a slick sales talk (trying to get ‘buy in’)
* Need for personal relevance (what will this mean for me?)
* Implementation: what do I need to do and when?
* Impact: Is this making a difference, Is it worth it?
* Collaboration: how can I share learning and wins
* Refinement: How can we continually improve the change?
The problem with Change Management by Francois Knuchel
Why coercion doesn’t work by Martin Grimshaw
Open-Agile Adoption and Open Space Technology
Caterfly has been strongly influenced by a call to arms by Daniel Mezick, who developed the Open Agile Adoption system for implementing Agile working in organisations. Caterfly’s Open Smart Transformation model is a derivative of Prime/OS™ developed by Daniel Mezick.
Open Agile Adoption – implementing Agile working patterns in organisations using Open Space
Why Executives Can’t Impose Agile – Daniel Mezick
Martin Grimshaw’s simple introduction: What is Open Space?
Using the simplicity of Open Space to solve complex problems – Chris Corrigan
Smarter Working: New paradigm approaches to smarter, more effective and enjoyable working
What is Smarter Working?
The Open Smart Transformation model and Caterfly’s Open Source Licence details:
Open Smart Transformation model in detail.